Tuesday 11 August 2009

Like Mother, Like Daughter

Yesterday I picked up another of my favourite monthly's, Harpers Bazaar UK. Like the March issue with Emily Blunt, the September issue (which covers Natalia Vodianova who is just beautiful), is oversized and printed on recycled paper to produce not only a luxurious fashion issue but a more green one at that.

Pouring over the many pages of fashion and beauty ads, I was caught by what I thought was Meryl Streep but who actually turned out to be her daughter, Mamie Gummer, posing insouciantly against a park bench for Parisian label, Gerard Darel. With the signature hook nose, Mamie looks every bit like her elegant, Oscar-winning mother and it reminded me of another mother-daughter merger with Jerry Hall's youngest daughter, Georgia Jagger, posing for the forthcoming Hudson jeans campaign.



I feel incredibly blessed to look like my mother and am so proud to have her 'ski-slope' nose and 'tombstone teeth' (as she would say).

Which other mother-daughter duos can you think of?
Last image courtesy of vogue.com

1 comment:

  1. Only if tombstone means perfect, love.

    I love Yasmin and Amber le Bon.

    ReplyDelete